Friday, October 14, 2011

Blog Hops...

Okay, I'm still working on setting up a blog hop (if it's ready, it will be up Sunday, but with everything else going on {moving, baby shower for Baby Preston...} I hope you'll forgive me) and I want to kind of explain what I've understood blog hops to be. You guys all get to be involved, because I want you all to participate.

Personally, I prefer the ones with links only. The little images are great, but it takes a lot of space, and they just look more clean to me with links only.

If you link up, you are agreeing that WANT more followers, and that they can comment on your blog to tell you they are following and that you will follow back. I personally provide a link in my comments to make it easier for the blogger to follow back. Just a simple click in their comment, and they're on my page. If you don't want people to comment on your blog and ask for a follow back, don't bother. This isn't to be mean, it's just a MAJOR part of blog hopping. A friend of mine was just accused of USING another blog to promote her own... Now, I don't want to call anyone out, but this person only has 40 followers anyway... My friend has over 250... She doesn't need to USE people's blogs to promote her own. Besides, she found this page through a BLOG HOP!!! I don't want any of my hoppers treating people this way. Please, if you link up (and I REALLY hope you will) accept the comments from other hoppers without thumbing your nose at them.

If you guys have any suggestions, I'd LOVE to hear them! What do you like about hops? What do you hate? I want this to be your favorite hop!!! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I think the worst part of blog hopping is finding the GFC button!! It drives me up the wall--I will continue to look for about 3 minutes--then go up and look to see if there is a follow button--if not I just give up--I don't enter blog hops all that often anymore but will attempt to remember yours! As a matter of fact REMIND me!! My email can be found at my blog--
    I am a new follower from Beauty Brite

    Michele aka MikiHope
    www.mikishope.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blog hops! I also love comments! It's sometimes frustrating when the comment ONLY says follow me back, though. Did you read my post?
    Actually, that doesn't happen to me a whole lot, but I see it on other blogs and it makes me feel bad. It only takes a second to say something relevant KWIM?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I almost ALWAYS leave a relevant remark, unless it's a post about something I wouldn't leave a comment on, or I'm hopping SUPER late, and I'm sleepy... LOL Which happened on your blog, and I apologize. I did read your post, but I couldn't formulate a response I liked, so I opted not to leave one in my sleepy frame of mind. I hope you'll forgive me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like blog hops!!! Except for that one snarky comment thinking that I would "Promote" my blog on hers. That was so not cool. But I HATE HATE HATE Captchas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know when you start your hop, I would love to list it in my directory!
    Thanks for following!
    I am your newest follower.
    Quick Tattletails Blog Hop Directory
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I LOVE to hear from you guys!