Sunday, October 23, 2011

ConservingNow

If you're looking to become more earth-friendly, you need to stop by ConservingNow.com! From single bags (including some beautiful designs!) to entire kits to get you started, you'll be amazed at the selection! There is something for everyone!

ConservingNow.com was started by a mother and daughter with a strong passion for the environment, so many issues are answered in one place. Then they realized a big problem, and came up with a GREAT solution! Most people buy these bags with great intentions, but then forget to use them! I know I'm certainly guilty. I really do try, but I end up leaving them at home or, if I remember to take them with me, I leave them in the car! It doesn't even hit me that I've forgotten them until I'm checking out, and then it's too late. They've come up with a simple yet effective solution. Car window clings to remind to you take your bags! When I saw those, I had such a "DUH!" moment! Like, why didn't I think of that?! LOL They also have door hangers for those of us who forget to put them in the car in the first place!



To get one of these window clings for free when you order, click this button link! I've also posted it at the bottom of my blog, in my Sponsors section! 
ConservingNow.com Free Car Window Static Cling Reminder

Okay, so... Are these bags really any better than the ones you can buy in the store? Well, I tried the Envirosax line, and here's what I think. First of all,  they're BEAUTIFUL! I picked the Animal Planet Butterfly bag, because I love the colors, and I think it's a lovely bag. I was honestly surprised at how small it was when it got here... It was all neatly folded into itself, and SO cute! You could easily fit at least 5 of these in your purse. And if you get the 5-in-1 pouches, you get 5 bags of a theme, with a matching pouch to carry them in! So cute. Okay, I forgot to mention that they fold! These bags are so cool... You can fold it in on itself, and it comes with attached straps that snap together and hold it closed. 



Please ignore my nasty nails and my scratched up lap desk. And that's a regular sized wireless mouse next to the bag :) 

Okay, I showed you how small it is rolled up... but how big is it when it's unrolled? I was thoroughly shocked! My 15" laptop fit inside with room to spare! The claim is that these bags can hold up to 44 lbs! I haven't tested this out, but this bag is pretty sturdy. I'd believe that. I'm not sure what it's made out of, but it feels strong. So... what does this bag look like opened up???


I think it's beautiful! Yes, I know it's wrinkled. LOL  Look how huge this bag is! And way better than those ugly ones at Walmart! LOL Here's what it looks like unwrinkled...
ConservingNow has much bigger ambitions than to be a store for your eco-friendly purchases... Their goals are threefold:

1. Change the behavior of adults. Specifically, they want adults to use reusable bags every time they shop.

2. Educate young people and their families about the harmful effects of plastic bags in our oceans and environment. They have classroom kits for this purpose, and they have SERIOUSLY discounted these kits so that classrooms can get them. You can even sponsor a classroom to receive one! And 100% of the profits from their products goes toward funding these kits for schools and/or to offset the costs of the window cling distribution! This is a company with a heart!

3. To create a community change blog... A one-stop resource for individuals, municipalities and corporations to find out what other areas of the country are doing either with environmental incentives or legislatively. To check out the blog, go to www.conservingnow.com/blog

Overall, I think this company is great. They have heart, and that's a rare thing in the business world. They're out for more than money, which I think is awesome! And they have come across a brilliant idea, which they could easily market, but have chosen to give them away! 

Buy the bags! 3-in-1 and 5-in-1 pouches, Slingsax, Minisax, and the rest of their shop!

OR... 

Win one! That's right! You can WIN one of the beautiful Envirosax bags! 




*Disclaimer: I received this item from the company I reviewed, as part of their Blogger Review program. A review was requested, but in no way was I asked or expected to give them anything other than an honest review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."*



7 comments:

  1. I like the minisax! All of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from blog hop.
    Kim
    www.thesasselife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower from the blog hop. Be back later to read more... having internet issues at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is so cute! I hope I'm the winner! Thanks for stopping by my blog and now I have a chance to win something too!

    Stacey @ www.justsayitoldyouso.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I LOVE to hear from you guys!