Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Costume Supercenter

  WOW... I guess I'm officially a blog reviewer now... I've come across my first douchebag company... And I feel like they broke the champagne bottle over my head... He "lost" my emails (after agreeing to the review, and asking me to select a costume) and then tried to treat me like I'm stupid by saying I never received a costume because I never requested one. YES, I did. I will post a screen capture of every single email for you guys to see. I'm feeling generous. :D

Album with all of the emails

  So, did I receive the costume they agreed to send me? NO. After going back and forth with this guy, he finally backed out.  I gave the company an opportunity to correct this situation, but they refused... After all, they DID agree to a review... Unlike them, I'm fulfilling MY end of the agreement.

  Since I have no costume to review, I guess I can review their company as a whole. Well, the SEO Manager, let's just call him... Carl (he signs his emails with one name, but is known in the company by the same first name, but a different last name. That's not shady at all...) is a douche. He lost my emails, and then broke my 10 year old daughter's heart. When he said I needed to pick a costume, I let her in on it, and let her choose the costume. She had her heart set on a particular costume, which was in stock when I sent the email requesting it. When I emailed for a status update, he had "no record of our conversations" and the costume is now out of stock. She picks another one. After my child picked a SECOND costume, he backs out of the review completely. I don't know about you guys, but this mama has a serious case of "mama bear syndrome" and you do NOT hurt my child physically, mentally or emotionally. Now she's extremely disappointed, and I have "Carl" to thank for that.

  Also, this same "Carl" is the SEO manager of another website, also selling costumes, just under a different name AND with different prices... That's not suspicious at ALL... If you find yourself on a website called Costume Supercenter or Wholesale Costume Club, SERIOUSLY reconsider your purchase. Remember the old adage that you get what you pay for, and pay a few extra bucks for a company that doesn't get their jollies from crushing 10 year olds... TWICE.
Thank you so much Mr "Carl" for the initiation... I feel like a real blogger now... And here I could call you an entire list of names, but I won't. We all know what you are.

As for the company itself? Well, I called them to see if they were willing to make this thing right, and allow me to review a product. I informed them they had agreed to the review, and would receive one... It would be nice if I had more than their company policy to review. She blew me off, and promised to call me before the close of the business day... I don't know about you guys, but I consider that to be 5PM... I even gave them until 6PM before calling back to demand an explanation. Yes, demand. At this point, I'm LIVID. They wouldn't even speak to me, even though I went out of my way to remain civilized... Unfortunately, I didn't maintain this same level of civility after they didn't call me back, and I had to call them again... I have given them EVERY opportunity to make this right, but they have refused. So now, I will post my frustrations, and buy my daughter the costume she deserves from PARTY CITY!!!  That's right! I'm even plugging the competition!!! Treat your customers (and reviewers) better, "Carl!"



Edit: Just looked up the addresses... Wholesale Costume Club doesn't list their address... I had to find it online. Well, I found out why. Not only are Costume Supercenter and Wholesale Costume Club handled by the same SEO manager, they're in neighboring towns in New Jersey... So, I decided to use Google Earth and find out. Wholesale Costume Club's headquarters are located in a UPS Store... Which means they have a PO Box with UPS. This UPS Store is located 3 miles (as the crow flies) from Costume Supercenter's Headquarters. Hmm... I will let you guys draw your own conclusions there... :)

Another edit: According to their page with the Better Business Bureau, Costume Discounters is also the same company... hmmm

**Disclaimer: Because I was promised a product to review, but never received one, and was subsequently treated like an idiot and then ignored, I have posted my review of their company... It's NOT because they backed out of the review, I've had others do that, too... It's because of the WAY they backed out. In their approval of my review request, I was asked to only give a fair and honest review. And there you have it. Enjoy!**

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is disappointing. SO sorry to hear it. i have had one author and one company contact me for a review and then they never send the product. Go figure.Big Hugs, please stop by tomorrow and linkup for the Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I LOVE to hear from you guys!