Thursday, October 06, 2011

NuMe Review: Part 2- Curly

NuMe!!!

First, I want to apologize that it has taken a couple of weeks to get this up... If you've recently started learning how to use a curling wand, you'll understand part of the problem. LOL




This review is on the NuMe 13mm Curling Wand. Sometimes known as "Baby Curls" because it creates tight curls, but it can also create a "crimped" look. Inside the box, you get the 13mm Curling Wand, and a black glove, intended to help you learn how to use the curling wand without burning yourself. This glove is in NO way completely heatproof, and you WILL feel the heat through the glove, but the glove allows you to get closer to the wand. 

Using a curling wand is a tricky process, no doubt. If you've only used a curling iron with the clip that holds the hair around the barrel, it's a learning process. Having never used a curling wand before my NuMe wand, I had NO idea what I was doing, and took my time learning, thus escaping without any burns!!! That's been a big part of the holdup on this review. I don't want to burn myself! LOL

Some of the advantages of a wand vs an iron is that you don't have to worry about which direction you curl in. You'll never get that odd flip that you get when you curl the wrong way with an iron. You can also get tighter ringlet curls, if you so choose. 

This wand gets EXTREMELY hot, so it only take a few seconds to achieve curls. Literally 3-5 seconds. I didn't use any products in my daughter's hair. The tight curls were cute, but I separated them and they relaxed a little into very pretty waves. Actually, as the day went on, her hair got even prettier! She loved it. She said it looked like Taylor Swift's hair. LOL

























The Good:
Versatile styling product
Heats very quickly
Has a swivel cord
Comes with the glove
Makes beautiful curls or waves
Gets very hot and will curl hair extremely quickly

The Bad:
Hard to learn
Gets EXTREMELY hot, and could burn your skin and hair quickly.
Time consuming

I know, I said it curls very quickly, but then I said it's time consuming... I bought the small one on purpose, but it takes a LONG time to curl all of the hair. This isn't something I would want to do on a daily basis, because of the time it took. It took me approximately 30 minutes to curl all of her hair. 


Overall:
I would recommend this wand to anyone wanting to achieve tight curls, or pretty waves. I do have to say that it would probably be easier to just get a perm, but for special occasions, this is PERFECT. For everyday, maybe you should get a perm, or settle for bigger curls. :)

**Disclaimer- I purchased this item for my own use, and was not given any compensation for a review. The opinions expressed are my own. Thank you!**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I LOVE to hear from you guys!