Saturday, October 15, 2011

I hate moving...

I really do hate it. You never realize how much stuff you have until you have to pack it up and move it to another location. I hate it. But, today is the day we're moving. Yes, day. We're moving EVERYTHING in one day. :( And I've got a baby shower to go to! Moving today, cleaning tomorrow, and making sure everything is perfect. So much fun. But, it's almost over! I think we've got 2 more loads? 3? At any rate, we're over halfway there... All of the big pieces are out, now it's dishes and stuff like that.

Okay, yesterday I made a post about Blog Hops, and I'm looking for feedback on blog hops. I really want you guys to participate in the structure of the hop... It may change as we go, and find what works best for everyone... Please make sure you're opinion is known so that we have a great hop! If there's something you REALLY hate about hopping, here's your chance to get it off your chest...

The only comment on that post at this moment is about GFC... Well, I hate it too! It is about as consistent as the weather, and it's annoying. I've tried to make sure that you have several ways to access my GFC so that you can follow me even when that widget is being stupid. I've kept the NavBar at the top, because it's supposed to put you on GFC when you click follow... As my friend learned yesterday, sometimes this is flaky, too, but it is more consistent than the GFC sidebar widget. I've also added the social bar at the bottom of my blog, as another option. If you're concerned about your GFC widget, I suggest you add this bar, as it is also connected to Google Friend Connect. I think people don't really know about it because Blogger doesn't have a widget for it... You have to get it directly from Google Friend Connect. But, maybe if you post about it, too... LOL

I also mentioned in my original Blog Hops post, using links only... What do you think? I like the images, but they take up too much room in my opinion. But if this is the most popular option, I'd gladly use it... I really want everyone to feel like this is YOUR hop... I'm also considering a guest host of the week kind of thing? Would you be interested in that? Let me know! Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed the Social Bar link! Sorry about that! :)

13 comments:

  1. Hopping By to return your follow! Have a great weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate moving! I just did 3 months ago. Not happy. We are must likely to move again.
    Anyways. Following you back!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness we're in the process of moving too. About two weeks and we still haven't done any packing.... I'm coming over to return the favor and follow you back.

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! Please follow back when you can. Thanks! http://GrandmaReviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from the weekend gathering blog hop.

    Two Boys on the Run

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving is never fun, found you while doing some blog hopping. I am now following you. Drop by and check out my blog at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com. Here's hoping your move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving is a tedious process and for the blog hop, I prefer the one with image rather than just link, nice picture is another attraction to check it out. Thanks so much for stopping by and joining in my blog. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving is probably one of the most stressful times in anyone's life, i have done it 3 times in my entire life and never want to do it again, although i really want to buy my own house, so maybe a move will happen in the future but for now NEVER AGAIN! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like moving too. The part that I don't actually like is the packing. When I moved back home, it took me 2 weeks to pack all my stuff and is definitely not fun.

    About hopping, a big YES to the GFC thing. It also takes a lot of time just to try to find those social links. At times they are easy to find (they are at the top or near the top) and at times extremely difficult (way down at the bottom).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moving is a huge job and I hope you're all moved in, by now. Thanks so much for stopping by and for following. I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm moving in about 2 months and not looking forward to the actually moving part (but I will be 8 months preggo so I won't be doing much of the work)

    Thanks for stopping by Nifty Mom! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moving is stressful and it you are right you never realize how much "stuff" you have until you have to move it all. The cleaning up and scrubbing is stressful enough! Hope moving day went well and that you got everything done in one day!

    Found you on bloggy moms and newest follower. looking forward to reading more and hopefully you will stop by and follow back!

    Have a great weekend

    http://singlemominspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I LOVE to hear from you guys!