Saturday, October 01, 2011

It's October!!!

Well, it's officially October, and there's SO much happening this month! Lots of great things are happening here on the blog and in our lives! Planning for Halloween, and then the entire holiday season, is getting underway, and stores are starting to put out their holiday goods! My daughter will be in a martial arts demonstration at our local Oktoberfest celebration... Wal-Mart is bringing back their layaway program... 

On top of all of the happenings, October is also National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I've never personally dealt with the disease, and I hope I never have to... but I think it's important to make sure that a cure is found, if not before I could need one, at least before my daughter and her generation needs it. And it's important to make sure that everyone realizes that women aren't the only ones dealing with breast cancer. It still amazes me how many men have no idea that they can also get it.  So, in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Through the Eyes of a Tiger is going pink! This blog will be pink throughout the month of October!

For more information on Breast Cancer and Breast Cancer Awareness, please visit:

October is also an important month for many other health concerns and cultural celebrations. For a more complete list (I don't know if it's exhaustive) please visit:


Thanks! 

6 comments:

  1. Happy October! Great post about breast cancer awareness.

    Btw, I'm a new follower from Weekend Warrior and hope you'll join my Autumn Blog Hop, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From now through the end of the year, it always seems like life progresses through a whirlwind! It really is my favorite time of year though...

    Thank you for following my blog! I'm from the FNF blog hop. I'm enjoying poking around your place and am happy to follow you back as well. =)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great October. It's going to be a busy month for us too over at Mom's Guide to Travel. Thanks for following us from the Exposure 99 Hop. We are following you now as well.

    Tawanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. walmart is bringing back layaway? that makes me happy. I'm glad someone loves halloween as much as i do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I'm just stopping by as a new follower from Aquariann's autumn blog hop :-) I look forward to seeing more of your blog!

    Angela @ Shimmerlings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,folllowing you back from the 99% exposure blog hop.thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I LOVE to hear from you guys!