Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Black Friday!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, and I hope those of you participating in the Black Friday shopping madness are being careful! I've already seen stories of people fighting and trampling, and all kinds of other craziness... I finally decided NOT to shop today. I'm kinda disappointed about missing a couple of great deals, but as the news stories come in about the violent jerks after a deal, I'm kinda glad I am not messing with it. Some things are worth it. Some things aren't. Saving $100 on something we don't really need anyway? Not worth it to me this year.

I'm not in a shopping mood this year, anyway. I am sure you've all suffered the first holiday season after the passing of a loved one, and the absence is painfully evident. This was my first Thanksgiving since my mom passed, and I just didn't handle it well. When I finally started to have SOME hope that the day wouldn't be as horrible as it started, we broke down on the way to my aunt's house... Go figure. It just wasn't my day. Thankfully, the problem with the car wasn't major, but we'll have to keep an eye on it since we're going out of state in it next month.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, with lots of laughter and food and loved ones around. And I hope you snag those great deals today! Best of luck! Be safe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I LOVE to hear from you guys!