Tuesday, November 01, 2011

I can't believe it's already November!

Wow, the last half of this year is flying by! I can't believe it's already November... Fall is just getting beautiful here in Alabama, and so much is going on. All day yesterday I listened to Christmas music on a local radio station! Yes, I'm serious! Stores are already in full holiday mode, and Black Friday ads are coming out everyday!

Yes, I shop on Black Friday, and each year I swear I will NEVER do it again, but inevitably, the deals are too good to pass up. It takes some serious ad browsing to get the best deals, and a die-hard saver to get up that early in the morning to brave the cold and the crowds for some deals. But, you can save a LOT of money, and it CAN be kind of fun! I drag my hubby out with me (for carrying heavy things, and protection from the crazies... and let's face it, they're out there!) and every year, he will tell me he's not going, but he does. He loves me :)

I love this time of year... I don't think this year will be the same, but I'll try. My mom passed away in February, and this will be the first everything... This has been a horrible year of firsts... My daughter's first birthday without my mom... My dad's first time facing their wedding anniversary alone... My first Mother's Day without her... My daughter's first karate graduation... Family Gatherings... My birthday... and now... the holidays. I really miss her. We were SO much closer than people even know. I guess that's pretty normal, though.

Anyway, enough about that... I've changed my blog design again, with a more autumnal theme. As we approach the holidays, I will likely change it again to reflect my personal celebrations. However, I don't want to alienate anyone, and mean absolutely no offense to anyone when I refer to Christmas. I know there are MANY celebrations for different religions and cultures and people. I love that! Our differences make the world fun and interesting!

So, what are you most looking forward to this season??? Any great foods, gatherings, celebrations... shopping???

4 comments:

  1. I love the leaves changing, bundling up, and snuggling with my husband. Glad You found my blog. even though my daughter is only 9 months old, I am thinking about homeschooling her.

    http://www.ayoungwifestale.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and son are flying in on my BIRTHDAY to celebrate Christmas with me and Adam in Chicago. I'm so excited for Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Black Friday shopping... I drag my hubby with me too :) I'm so sorry for your loss. My dad passed away last November and it has been a hard year for us as well. It is a painful thing to go through. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following :) I am following you back.. have a great week!

    http://julia-happilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is Black Friday?? You're so right, the year has flooown by, can't believe it. I'm so excited about Chrustmas.

    Thanks for following me blog, following you back now! ^_^

    ~ Lauren <3

    http://cosmeticskittensclassrooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I LOVE to hear from you guys!