Friday, November 18, 2011

I got another award!!!

I was honored with the Versatile Blogger Award!!! So happy! Given by Locomotion of Expressions, a great blog with almost 1,000 more readers, so I feel really honored!!! Thank you, Casey!!!


As part of accepting this awesome award, I'm supposed to fulfill a few requirements... I'm to link back to the person giving me the award, Locomotion of Expressions. I also need to nominate 10 people I think are deserving of the Versatile Blogger award! Now, Casey posted the nomination 10 days ago, and it has seriously taken me that long to decide on 10 blogs!!! Sorry it took so long, but I love my fellow bloggers!!! It was hard to narrow it down! I also have to tell everyone 7 things about myself... LOL

Here are my nominations...



And now for the scary part... 7 things about ME... 

1. I'm the biggest research nerd I know... If I don't know something, I will look it up! I love learning new things, so this isn't a problem for me, but most other people find it VERY annoying, and helpful at the same time... If they don't know something, they can ask me... If I don't know, I WILL find out. LOL It's an obsession. It literally irritates me to the point that I either have to learn it right now, or I will snap. I know... I should be a psychiatrist's couch with that one...

2. My eyes are grey-blue, and I love it. They're not common, and I love the grey color. I actually try to enhance the grey with makeup (when I wear any) and wish my eyes were completely grey. 

3. I am the stay-at-home mom/homeschool teacher to my 10 year old daughter, who is heavily involved in mixed martial arts. It's a lifestyle, not an extracurricular. We are there 5 days per week on most weeks, sometimes 6 days. 

4. I like to assemble things. If we buy something that requires assembly, I insist on being the one to do it. I find it... therapeutic, I guess.

5. I once considered being a nurse... When my daughter was very sick, we spent 12 days in the hospital, followed by 6 weeks of IV antibiotics at home. During this time, I learned SO much about medicine, and because of the obsession revealed in number 1 above, I have continued to learn more and more about it. 

6. I love nearly all genres of music... Classical to metal. I have been told on more than one occasion that I am an old soul trapped in a young body.

7. I'm seriously afraid of birds. I can watch them from a distance, take pics of them... They're beautiful. But I can't get too close to them. I don't even like them in cages, really. They just scare me. LOL

That was a lot of fun! Thanks Casey @ Locomotion of Expressions

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award.

    I love research and learning things also. My husband tells me I am the best at retaining useless knowledge. I can't tell you anything about current politics but I can tell you random things about the many different subjects of history that interest me.

    Your eyes sound beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I LOVE to hear from you guys!