Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Soul Reader by Gerard Webster

"The Soul Reader" by Gerard D. Webster is a great book. I didn't even realize that it was a sequel, because there's no missing information. You don't feel like you're coming into the middle of the story, so this book can stand alone and be read without the first installment, "In-Sight."



There's a lot of action packed into this book. From the beginning, you learn of the murder of Ward's father, and the precarious position the woman he loves places him in. Still recovering from an accident, Ward is forced to deal with his father's murder, and the murderer... while trying not to cross the wrong paths and end up meeting an early demise himself.

As you follow Ward through the history of the failed North Beach Project, and the hunt for the truth, including exposing some very powerful and wealthy men who don't want to be exposed, you see the anger Ward struggles with over his father's murder. The anger that threatens to put out the light in his own soul...

I'd really like to read "In-Sight" now that I've been introduced to the writing of Gerard D. Webster. This is a really good book, and I'd definitely recommend to anyone who loves a suspenseful book, with a twist of romance.

4 out of 5 stars. There are some slower parts of the book, but they're worth reading through.
☆  


*Disclaimer: I received this item from BookSneeze.com and the publisher, as part of their Blogger Review program. A review was requested, but in no way was I asked or expected to give them anything other than an honest review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I LOVE to hear from you guys!